Empower Learning Academy Trust (ELAT)
Empower Learning Academy Trust is the trust which governed Hall Mead School. Hall Mead was judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2013 and is a Teaching School, National Support School and Leading Edge Academy (SSAT).
We intend to use the experience and expertise developed in these roles to welcome, support and develop other local schools into our family – and currently, the Trust consists of Hall Mead School, with Bower Park Academy and The Brittons Academy.
By doing this, we will seek to achieve the following:
- To improve the educational outcomes for young people in Havering and Essex
- To deepen the impact and longevity of our school to school relationships so as to build sustainable school improvement locally
- To fulfil the obligations of our National Support School with a National Leader of Education by consolidating our system leadership role and sharing our expertise
- To develop models of staffing and governance which represent value for money at a time of public sector austerity
- To provide opportunities for staff development and leadership across the MAT so as to address the challenge of recruiting and retaining highly effective teachers, leaders and support staff locally
- To secure all our Multi-Academy Trust Academies as ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ by learning from and growing with others.
To inspire our family of schools to provide opportunities for our pupils, staff and leaders to be the best they can be; to create a passion for lifelong learning; to enable our pupils to become confident and impactful world citizens.
We believe in
- The power of teaching to transform lives
- Developing exceptional leadership at all levels
- Clear empowerment and accountability
- Providing outstanding personal and professional development
- Building self-esteem at all levels of the Trust community
- Creating a culture of high expectations
- Rewarding effort
- Making learning fun