Admissions & Appeals
Determined Admissions Arrangements 2019-20
- Hall Mead School is an 11-16 co-educational Academy with a planned admission number to Year 7 in September 2019 of 210
- Hall Mead School adheres to the following admissions criteria
Applications from out of borough residents will be considered using the same admissions criteria. The law requires that no distinction be made between children resident in Havering and those resident in other areas.
Academy’s Admission Criteria
When the demand exceeds the number of places available in Hall Mead, places are allocated by applying the following criteria in descending order of priority to applicants who have expressed any preference for the school.
- Looked after Children and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order)
- The attendance in September 2019 at Hall Mead of an older brother or sister
- The distance of the home address from Hall Mead, as measured in a straight line from the school, those living nearer the school being given higher priority
Admissions and appeals are coordinated by the local authority. More information can be found here